The Somerton Police Department is excited and proud to host a Police Explorer program. Our Explorer program is part of the department wide organization plan, where we intend to take this program to the next level. Our assigned Explorer Advisors, Officer Officer Zaira Barrientos and Officer Abraham Lopez have taken on their responsibility and leadership role with a great deal of enthusiasm. Officer's Barrientos an Lopez are working to build upon our existing Explorers, while at the same time seeking new members who may be interested in a career in law enforcement. It is our goal to provide our Explorers with a positive work environment and exceptional roles models as they work towards their ultimate career goals.
The Somerton Police Department is currently recruiting new members who are interested in joining our team. If you are interested in becoming a part of this outstanding organization, lead by two highly motivated coordinators, please contact us. This program is a non-profit organization.
Officer Zaira Barrientos, Explorer Advisor
Officer Abraham Lopez, Explorer Advisor
- Male or female between the ages of 14 through 21
- Attend weekly meetings
- Must be enrolled in some form of education program
- Must maintain a passing GPA
- Oral board interview
- Pass a comprehensive background
- Must not have any felony convictions and no negative police contacts
- Must have strong sense of commitment and discipline