The Somerton Police Department Records Division serves as the central repository for all police reports and related records for incidents occurring in the jurisdiction of the City of Somerton. Information obtained from our police reports and calls for service are electronically submitted to the supervisors for approval and then merged into our permanent records data base to comply with our statutory reporting and maintenance requirements. Any person may request copies of a public record or report in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes §39-121.01
Police Records (Including Accident Reports)
- All requests for public records should be submitted in writing or online. Pursuant to A.R.S. 39-121.03, when requests for copies, printouts or photographs of public records are for a commercial purpose, the requestor shall provide a statement setting forth the commercial purpose for which the copies, printouts or photographs will be used. Arizona Revised Statute § 39-121.03 Prohibits the use of public records for commercial purposes.
- Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your request to be processed. Some records may take longer than others to process; for example, archived reports prior to 2007 and requests that involve large amounts of data.
- This letter will provide a local search of the Somerton Police Department’s files – ONLY, for individuals inquiring. A search of records from other jurisdictions is not conducted; you must contact each agency separately. You may ONLY obtain a Record Check Letter on yourself. Under Arizona’s Public Records Law (A.R.S. § 39-121), Public Records Unit employees cannot provide you with information on another person arrest record. In order to obtain a Local Record Check on yourself you must provide the following:
- A valid government issued photo identification card. (ex: ID, Driver’s License, Passport)
- Online - Using the Records Request Form or Background Check Form - These can be submitted via e-mail at email@example.com
- In person - at the Somerton Police Department, 445 E Main St., Somerton, AZ 85350.
- Mailed to the Somerton Police Department, Attention: Records Division, P.O. Box 477, Somerton, AZ 85350.
- Faxed to (928) 722-7315
- Cashier's Check (Personal checks are NOT accepted) Checks should be made payable to the Somerton Police Department.
- Debit/Credit Card payments accepted at the Somerton Police Department ONLY.
Cash payments are only accepted at City Hall (143 N. State Ave). If you will be paying in cash, please stop by the Somerton Police Department to obtain an exact amount of payment.
If you need assistance from our Records Division, it is staffed Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please feel free to contact us at (928) 722-7326 during regular business hours or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directions to the Somerton Police Department